Vegetable Pilaf with Saffron & Chicken Breasts
STAUB SHALLOW COCOTTE
Preparation: 25 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- About 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 squash
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 chicken breasts without the skin, 150g
- 75g butter in total
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 600ml chicken broth
- 300g long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp. saffron strands
- Peel onion and garlic. Thinly slice the onion, finely chop the garlic, cut the tomatoes in halves. Wash the remaining vegetables and cut them and the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat up half the butter with oil in the STAUB cocotte, then fry the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Remove the chicken from the casserole, add the vegetables and fry while stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove the vegetables from the casserole.
- Add the remaining butter and sauté the onions and garlic for a short time. Add the broth and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and saffron to the boiling broth and season with salt. Reduce the heat, cover and cook the rice for about 15 minutes in a slightly simmering broth.
- After about 15 minutes, stir the cooked vegetables and chicken breasts into the rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the casserole from the heat, open the cover slightly and let the water evaporate from the pilaf for 10 minutes.