By taking some of spring’s most flavourful vegetables and bringing them all together in a smooth soup, you can really capture the taste of the season in just one bowl.
Submitted By: Vitamix
Makes: 850 ml (3½ cup)
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 250 g (1 cup) leeks, trimmed (approximately 2 medium leeks)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 medium potato
- 6 mint leaves
- 50 g (1½ cup) watercress
- 1 Tablespoon crème fraîche
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium-low heat, sweat down the leek whites, garlic and spring onion whites in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent, but not colored (about 6 – 8 minutes).
Slice the potato, then add to the pan and top with enough water to cover the vegetables (approx 2 cups/ 500 ml).
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat, then stir in the spring onion greens, mint, and watercress. Carefully transfer the pan contents to the Vitamix container. Start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed, blending for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and add the creme fraiche, season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice. Replace the lid and blend on Variable 1 for 5 seconds to incorporate. Note: Blend in a little additional water to achieve your desired consistency, if too thick.
- Serve hot or, if serving chilled, cool down rapidly to preserve the lovely bright green color. Portion into 4 bowls.