Spinach and Vegetable Soup
An abundance of vegetables is puréed into a hot soup and finished with garbanzo beans for added texture.
Submitted By: Vitamix
Dietary Interests: Low Fat, Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Cholesterol,No Added Sugar
Makes: 1.2 l (5 cups)
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 medium (260g) russet potato, steamed, peeled, cubed, divided
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g (⅓ cup) carrots, halved, steamed
- 60 g (2 cups) spinach
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the stock, water, garlic, onion, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, spinach, squash, courgette, basil, pepper, salt, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 30 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add garbanzo beans through the lid plug opening and blend for 5 seconds.