Pineapple Upside Down Ice Lolly
Fresh pineapple may play a starring role in this recipe, but it’s the vanilla wafers that tie it all together.
- 400 g (2 cups) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 360 ml (1½ cup) vanilla yoghurt
- 20 g (¼ cup) vanilla wafers
- 10 Maraschino cherries
- Place pineapple on a metal baking tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- Use a kitchen butane torch to caramelize sugar on pineapple. If you don’t have a torch, turn on the broiler and place the baking tray in the oven. Broil until sugar has caramelized, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place pineapple and 300 ml (1¼ cups) yoghurt into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute. Rinse and dry container.
- Place vanilla wafers into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Pulse by quickly turning the machine on and off 3 times.
- Combine the remaining 60 ml (¼ cup) yoghurt and vanilla crumbs in a separate bowl and mix.
- To assemble Ice Lollies: Place a cherry in the bottom of each Ice Lolly mold. Divide pineapple mixture evenly into the Ice Lolly mold. Top with vanilla wafer mixture.
If you do not have Ice Lolly molds, you can use small, disposable cups.