Pineapple adds a burst of colour and flavour to this salsa. You can serve it hot or mild with blue corn crisps, or as a topping on grilled fish.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cubed
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- ½ red capsicum, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ lime, peeled, halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ jalapeño
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.