Perfect Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Make the perfect pizza by starting out with this homemade dough mixed right in your Vitamix.
- 375 g (3 cups) plain flour
- 1¾ teaspoon fast-action dried yeast
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 240 ml (1 cup) hot water
- 3¾ teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place flour, yeast and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Blend for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a ball forms.
- After ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds
- With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, tuning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust. Divide dough in two and stretch each ball into a 30 cm (12-inch) pizza crust and top as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.