Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes
Whole-grain goodness with the sweet and crunchy surprise of dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Top off with our fresh fruit syrup for extra flavour!
Makes: 10-12 pancakes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 360 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 60 g (¾ cup) rolled oats, uncooked
- 150 g (1¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 25 g (¼ cup) flax meal
- 25 g (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Place milk, egg, oil and 20 g (¼ cup) rolled oats into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine the remaining oats, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and flax meal in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Allow mixture to set for 10 minutes before cooking.