A blissful dessert all on its own, these lemon bars are even better with a Lemon Curd filling.
Makes: 20 bars
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Lemon Bar Crust
- 290 g (2 cups + 6 Tablespoons) plain flour, divided use
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 225 g (1 cup) butter
- To make the crust, heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place 160g (1¼ cups) of the flour, 115g (½ cup) of the butter and 55g (¼ cup) of the sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 5 times. Remove lid, scrape down the sides of the container and around the blades, then replace the lid and pulse 5 additional times.
- Spoon the contents of the Vitamix container into a 33 cm X 23 cm (13-inch X 9-inch) pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining flour, butter and sugar.
- Press the flour mixture into the pan evenly and bake for 20 minutes, until just golden brown.
Place pan on a wire rack.
Lemon Curd Filling
- 120 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 335 g (1½ cup) caster sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 110 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place lemon juice, eggs, sugar, salt and zest into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, through the lid plug opening incorporating butter completely between additions.
- Replace the lid plug and increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the custard over the crust and allow to chill before serving or allow to cool slightly and serve at room temperature.