Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
A flavourful purée with russet potatoes, sprigs of thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
Dietary Interests: Low Cholesterol, Vegetarian, Vegan, No Added Sugar.
Makes: 1.1 l (4½ cup)
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 95 g (1 cup) leek, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 285 g (2 cups) artichoke hearts, drained, diced
- 115 g (4 ounces) russet potatoes, cubed
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons kale pesto
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water.
- over and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of kale pesto.
Submitted By: Vitamix