Dried Fruit Chia Bars
With plenty of berries, nuts, and seeds, these bars are as filling as they are delicious and great for on-the-go mornings.
Makes: 6 bars
Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 85 g (½ cup) almonds, blanched
- 50 g (½ cup) pecan halves, roasted
- 30 g (¼ cup) sunflower seeds, roasted
- 35 g (¼ cup) flaxseed
- 40 g (¼ cup) dried blueberries
- 35 g (¼ cup) dried cherries
- 25 g (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons dried goji berries
- 1 Tablespoon Lucuma powder
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) chia gel
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Spray a 13×23-cm (5×9-inch) loaf tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place almonds and pecans into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Pulse by quickly turning the machine on and off 2 to 3 times. Transfer chopped nuts into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Rinse container and place sunflower seeds, flaxseed, dried fruit, and Lucuma powder into the Vitamix container.
Select Variable 7.
- Pulse by quickly turning the machine on and off 15 to 20 times. Add mixture to the chopped nuts.
- Add hemp seeds, chia gel, and honey to the mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Press mixture into prepared loaf tin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Slice into six bars.
Chef’s Note: To make the chia gel, place 120ml (½ cup) water and 3 Tablespoons chia seeds into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Start machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 35 to 45 seconds. For a vegan recipe, substitute maple syrup for the honey.