This nondairy, bright green purée can be served as a side for meat or poultry, or as a filling for ravioli.
- 500 g (2¼ cup) spinach
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 180 ml (¾ cup) cashew milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Bring water to a boil. Blanch and shock spinach.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This nondairy recipe has all of the texture and flavor of creamed spinach made with heavy cream but none of the saturated fat and cholesterol.