Cherry and Golden Raisin Bread
Golden raisins combine with sweet cherries to form this irresistible homemade bread. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze for a lovely addition to a brunch spread.
Submitted By: Vitamix
Dietary Interests: Low Cholesterol, Vegetarian
Makes: 1 loaf (16 slices)
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 60 g (½ cup) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine 60 g (½ cup) icing sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice, adding more if needed to reach drizzling consistency.
- 310 g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 200 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 70 g (½ cup) dried cherries
- 85 g (½ cup) golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch x 5-inch (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and zest by hand.
- Place egg, milk, sugar, oil, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Cream mixture for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into dry mixture and whisk together just until moistened. With a spatula, fold in cherries and raisins.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Cool on wire rack.