Claflouti is a traditional French dessert that is simple to make and intensely satisfying. Blackberries or raspberries can easily be substituted for the cherries (but the cherries are oh-so-good!)
Makes: 12 servings
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) milk
- 75 g (5 Tablespoons) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence, optional
- 85 g (⅓ cup) plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 400 g (2 cups) black cherries, pitted
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Grease a 23-cm (9-inch) round cake pan with butter, and dust lightly with flour.
- Place milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Puree program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 minute; or start the machine and allow the Puree program to complete.
- Place cherries into prepared cake pan.
- Pour batter over top of cherries and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.