Celery Potato Soup
This recipe uses the entire celery stalk, leaves and all, for a more intense celery flavour.
Makes: 1.5 l (6½ cup)
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 455 g (1 pound) celery, diced
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- 600 ml (2½ cup) vegetable stock
- 240 ml (1 cup) low fat buttermilk
- 2 small russet potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté celery and onions in oil until softened.
- Add vegetable broth and let simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Place cooked ingredients, buttermilk, potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Submitted By: Vitamix