These crunchy and chewy granola bars make for a great snack, with a drizzle of chocolate to satisfy those cravings.
- 4 cups Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Honey
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Mini chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- 1 cup Whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Dried blueberries
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Spread oats onto rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside. Reduce oven to 160C.
2. Combine honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and salt in small suacepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
3. Add toasted oats, 1 cup chocolate chips, almonds and dried berries to Bowl of KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. While mixing on Speed 3, slowly pour in honey mixture and mix until combined. Spread into greased 23 x 23cm baking pan, pressing in an even layer.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars. Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave; drizzle over bars. Let stand until chocolate is firm.