This no-cook recipe rolls courgette, bean sprouts, Thai chilies, and seasonings into fresh collard greens. Dip in a savoury, Thai-inspired sauce for a quick, easy and tasteful lunch.
Dietary Interests: Vegetarian, Low Cholesterol, No Added Sugar, Raw Foods, Vegan
Makes: 8-10 rolls
Total Time: 20 Minutes
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
2 teaspoons lime zest
1 Tablespoon nama shoyu
2 Thai red chillies
125 g (½ cup) raw almond butter
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
240 ml (1 cup) water
1 zucchini, julienned
100 g (1 cup) mung bean sprouts
½ bunch fresh basil leaves
¼ bunch mint leaves
2 Thai chillies, chopped
5 collard green leaves, ribs removed, halved
- Place olive oil, lime zest, nama shoyu, red chillies, almond butter, lemon juice, and water into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- To fill wrapper, lay a collard leaf flat, darker green side down, and layer courgette, bean sprouts, basil leaves, mint leaves, and Thai chillies along the bottom edge of each leaf.
- To serve, roll up each collard leaf from the bottom into a tight cylinder. You can choose to make more rolls with less filling, or just four rolls with more filling. Serve with Thai Dipping Sauce.
Rolls will keep for one day. Store dipping sauce separately; it will keep for four days in the fridge.
Submitted By: Ani Phyo