Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
Use this vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your favourite meals, from tacos, to soups, and more!
Makes: 360 ml ( 1½ cup)
Total Time: 5 Minutes
- 125 g (1 cup) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ shallot
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain soaked cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds, or until creamy and smooth.
- Add additional water to the sauce to give it to a thinner texture. The sauce needs to be lighter than the soup to stay on top, otherwise it will sink to the bottom.