This no-cook recipe rolls courgette, bean sprouts, Thai chilies, and seasonings into fresh collard greens. Dip in a savoury, Thai-inspired sauce for a quick, easy and tasteful lunch. Dietary Interests: Vegetarian, Low Cholesterol, No Added Sugar, Raw Foods, Vegan Makes: 8-10 rolls Total Time: 20 Minutes Difficulty: Advanced
Ingredients60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil 2 teaspoons lime zest 1 Tablespoon nama shoyu 2 Thai red chillies 125 g (½ cup) raw almond butter 2 Tablespoons lemon juice 240 ml (1 cup) water 1 zucchini, julienned 100 g (1 cup) mung bean sprouts ½ bunch fresh basil leaves ¼ bunch mint leaves 2 Thai chillies, chopped 5 collard green leaves, ribs removed, halved
- Place olive oil, lime zest, nama shoyu, red chillies, almond butter, lemon juice, and water into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside.
- To fill wrapper, lay a collard leaf flat, darker green side down, and layer courgette, bean sprouts, basil leaves, mint leaves, and Thai chillies along the bottom edge of each leaf.
- To serve, roll up each collard leaf from the bottom into a tight cylinder. You can choose to make more rolls with less filling, or just four rolls with more filling. Serve with Thai Dipping Sauce.