Brighten the flavour of these brownies with more spice, fresh ginger, or orange zest and top with icing sugar or your favourite frosting.
- 4 large eggs
- 15 dried dates, pitted
- 255 g (1 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 425 g (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- icing sugar
- Place eggs, dates, applesauce and pumpkin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using tamper if needed.
- Pour mixture into stainless bowl and mix in dry ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 25 cm x 38 cm (10-inch X 15-inch) non-stick cake pan
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes in a 180°C (350°F) oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- To serve cut brownies and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.