1 cup (250ml/8.45 fl. oz) milk, warmed, plus extra milk for brushing
7g (0.25 oz) instant yeast
2 tablespoons caster sugar
4 cups (600g/21 oz) strong bread flour
100g (3.5 oz) butter, softened
200g (7.1 oz) mashed potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200°C(400° F) fan-forced. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Combine ¼ cup (60 ml/ 2 fl. oz) of the warmed milk, yeast and 1 teaspoon of caster sugar in a jug. Stand for 15 minutes or until mixture is foaming.
3. Meanwhile, combine remaining sugar, flour and butter in the bowl of a KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with the dough hook. Add yeast mixture, remaining milk, eggs and potato.
4. Turn to medium speed and mix for 5 minutes or until dough is soft and has come away from sides of bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. Remove from bowl. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll piece into small rolls. Place on prepared tray. Brush with extra milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Stand for 30 minutes or until rolls have doubled in size.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus resting time)
Cooking time: 15 minutes