Enjoy this delicious gluten-free cake with a drizzle of homemade lime sauce. Garnish with extra pistachios for an added crunch.Makes: 8 slices Total Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Intermediate
- 150 g (1½ cup) almond flour
- 50 g (¼ cup) gluten free flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- zest of 1 lime
- 50 g (¼ cup) chopped pistachios
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) agave nectar
- 150 g (1 cup) chopped courgette
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine almond flour, gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, lime zest, pistachios, and salt into a bowl.
- Place eggs, olive oil, and agave into the container and secure the lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds, or until ingredients are combined.
- Remove the lid plug and add courgette through the lid plug opening.
- Turn the dial to 1 and increase speed to Variable 4. Blend for 15 seconds, or until courgette is evenly diced. You do not want it to be come a complete liquid.
- Pour blended mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- 125 g (½ cup) goat or dairy-free yoghurt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and increase speed to Variable 4. Blend for 20 seconds.