Serve with fresh berries of your choice for a sweet, bite-size treat.
- 310 g (2 cups) plain flour
- 225 g (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place half the flour, half the butter, and half the sugar into the Vitamix in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Turn machine on and off 10 to 15 times, using tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat with other half of the flour, butter and sugar. Add to the bowl.
- Stir in the egg and water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Place on a sheet of cling film, wrap and chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface and line a muffin or tart tin. Set on a large baking sheet, prick with a fork, and freeze for 40 minutes.
- Line the pastry cases with baking parchment and baking beans, and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- 175 ml (¾ cup) lime juice
- Zest of 3 limes
- 200 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 450 g (2 cups) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Place the lime juice, zest, sugar, butter and eggs into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn the machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes 30 seconds.