A favourite dessert delicacy, this recipe is void of gluten, making it the perfect addition to a party spread.
- 240 ml (1 cup) fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 15 ml (½ ounce) vanilla essence
- 1½ teaspoon almond extract
- 455 g (1 pound) sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat the oven to 180° C (350°F).
- Place the sweetened condensed milk and the essences into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl with the coconut and stir together thoroughly.
- Using a 4 cm (1 ½-inch) scoop, scoop mixture about 5 cm (2 inches) apart onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the tray, and bake an additional 5 minutes until golden brown.