A delicious, gluten-free indulgence for all to enjoy.
Dietary Interests: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Makes: 9 servings
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- icing sugar
- 120 g (1 cup) chopped walnuts, optional
- 225 g (1¼ cup) plain chocolate (50% cocoa)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 75 g (⅓ cup) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 25 g (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 40 g (⅓ cup) cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF) and grease a 20-cm (8-inch) square glass pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the cornflour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk by hand until well blended.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 35 seconds or until well blended.
- Pour mixture into dry ingredients, add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir together to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- If desired, dust brownies with powdered sugar prior to serving.