Margaritas aren’t strictly for summertime. Try this cranberry concoction at your next holiday gathering.
- 75 g (¾ cup) cranberries
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Bring cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick with jam consistency, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix in the zest and let cool.
- 160 g (½ cup) cranberry jam
- 45 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 120 ml (½ cup) orange juice
- 180 ml (6 fluidounces) tequila
- 650 g (5 cups) ice cubes
- Place 8 Tablespoons jam, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 35 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.