This decadent dessert is similar to a lemon bar, but with a delightful burst of raspberry and a beautiful color.
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 50 g (¼ cup) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 115 g (½ cup) cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- Add flour, sugar, salt, and butter to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and start the machine. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds, or until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Remove the mixture from the container to a bowl and mix in the egg yolk and cold water using a spatula.
- Press the cookie dough into a prepared 8x8 inch pan (20x20 cm), and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a 350° F (175°C) oven for 15 minutes.
- 200 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 225 g (1½ cup) raspberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 170 g (¾ cup) cubed butter, room temperature
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 package gelatin
- 100 ml (⅓ cup) water
- While the cookie is baking, prepare the raspberry cream. Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soups program. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete.
- Once the cream has thickened, and the cookie is baked, remove from the oven and pour the raspberry cream over the cookie. Place the pan into the refrigerator and cool at least 2 hours, or overnight, until the cream is set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.