Capture the classic American comfort food in this mouth-watering ice cream. An optional banana gives the recipe extra sweetness.
- 90 g (3 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 60 g (¼ cup) reduced-fat vanilla yoghurt
- ½ apple, seeded, cored
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ banana, peeled
- 390 g (3 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades while processing.
- In about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form in the mixture. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.