These crunchy almond cookies are mixed entirely in the Vitamix machine, making them a simple, go-to recipe for the holidays or throughout the year.
- 110 g (½ cup) light butter spread
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 95 g (¾ cup) plain flour
- 90 g (¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until ingredients are creamed. Remove the lid plug.
- Add flours, salt, baking soda and almonds.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until well mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.