Maple syrup, nutmeg and ground cinnamon add holiday flavour to this classic autumn soup. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds for even more holiday zest.
- 480 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) low fat evaporated milk
- ½ other acorn squash, cooked, peeled, seeded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.