Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
Make large batches of this hearty soup and freeze for future weeknight meals in hurry.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate | 20 Minutes
- 480 ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 potatoes, baked
- 40 g (⅓ cup) low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 rasher bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Place milk, one potato, cheese, onion, dill weed, rosemary and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3.
- Remove the lid plug. Drop in remaining potato and bacon. Blend for an additional 10 seconds, until chopped.